Combine the scenic splendour of Canada’s Rocky Mountains with a cruise through beautiful Alaska.
- Return flights from Heathrow with Air Canada
- 6 nights room only in hotels of a good standard and 7 nights on board your cruise ship plus1 night in flight
- 22 meals: 8 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 7 dinners
- Travelsphere Tour Manager (pre-cruise)
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
- Day 1 UK/Banff
- You'll depart on your scheduled flight to Calgary today. On arrival, we will transfer you to the Rocky Mountains and your hotel in Banff.
- Day 2 Banff
- This morning we'll head out together on a sightseeing tour of Banff, where the views are sure to take your breath away. You'll see the Hoodoos of Bow Valley, imposing spires of rock carved by the forces of nature which stand guard over the Bow River, and Surprise Corner. As the name suggests, sensational picture-postcard views are waiting for you here, so remember to bring your camera!
- Day 3 Lake Louise
- Nothing can prepare you for the beauty of Lake Louise a glacial, jade-green lake surrounded on all sides by towering peaks. You'll see it in all its glory this morning, and will have plenty of time to take in the views from hiking trails along the shore. The lake is often described as one of the most beautiful places in Canada today you can decide if you think it lives up to its reputation.
- Day 4 Kelowna
- Today we're taking to the road and heading through the Rockies via Revelstoke and Vernon to the Kelowna area in the beautiful Okanagan Valley.
- Day 5 British Columbia
- The beauty of Vancouver is beckoning today, and on the way you can relax and soak up spectacular scenery as we drive across British Columbia.
- Day 6 Vancouver
- There's a huge amount to see and do in Vancouver, so it's up to you how you spend this free day. If you would like to enjoy an optional guided excursion, you've the chance to visit Victoria. We'll take the ferry across to the capital of British Columbia, where highlights include the renowned Butchart Gardens, Parliament building and the impressive Empress Hotel.
- Day 7 Vancouver & Volendam
- Your tour takes a new twist today, as we transfer you to Vancouver harbour to join your cruise ship, Volendam, which sets sail at 5pm. On board, once you've unpacked and settled into your comfortable stateroom, why not explore your wonderful floating hotel.
- Day 8 The Inside Passage
- Ahead lie days of luxurious relaxation and exploration as your ship traces the outline of North America's most scenic coastal landscape. As well as enjoying the ship's facilities, make sure you spend plenty of time on deck keeping a watchful eye open for wildlife. If you're lucky you could see whales and seals in the water, eagles soaring overhead and grizzly bears on the shoreline.
- Day 9 Tracy Arm & Juneau
- If the weather is in our favour this morning, the ship will cruise Tracy Arm fjord and we'll see the magnificent Sawyer Glacier. We'll then dock in the Alaskan capital, Juneau, where you can step ashore and make your own discoveries. The 13-mile long Mendenhall Glacier is definitely a worth a visit.
- Day 10 Skagway
- This morning we arrive in Skagway, a lively relic of the 1898 Klondike Gold Rush. With its wooden sidewalks and turn-of-the-century buildings, you'll feel like you've stepped back in time.
- Day 11 Glacier Bay
- Get ready for one of the scenic highlights of your cruise as we head to Glacier Bay. You'll see enormous icebergs floating in the blue-green water, and if we're lucky, we might catch sight of a glacier 'calving', sending thousands of tons of ice thundering into the bay.
- Day 12 Ketchikan
- Today our journey takes us to Ketchikan, a quaint, weathered town clinging to a mountainside. It's a lovely place to explore at your own pace, and maybe sample some fresh Alaskan salmon. Or, there's an option to explore the Totem Poles Park, the choice is entirely yours.
- Day 13 The Inside Passage
- It's your final day on board, so take every opportunity to appreciate the scenery as it unfurls before your eyes. As we cruise the Inside Passage back towards Vancouver you'll have plenty of time to catch up with new-found friends and relive the amazing moments you've shared.
- Day 14 Vancouver/UK
- We'll disembark the ship this morning and enjoy a city tour of Vancouver. Later, we'll transfer you to the airport for your flight back to the UK.
- Day 15 UK
- You'll arrive back in the UK today.