Enigmatic and exciting, Hong Kong is a unique city with a vibrant cultural scene and numerous attractions. On this break you’ll be dazzled by its harbour, admire its twinkling skyline, savour authentic cuisine, browse thriving markets and visit a charming fishing village.
- Just You Tour Manager as yourhost
- Return flights from Heathrow with Cathay Pacific
- Use of an airport lounge in the UK
- 3 nights in a 4-star hotel and 1 night in flight
- 5 meals: 3 breakfasts, 2 dinners
- Specialist Local Guide
- Cocktail reception
- Farewell get-together
- Overseas transfers & other transportation
- Dedicated Just You representative to greet you at all UK airports
- Day 1 UK to Hong Kong
- Today you'll depart on your flight to Hong Kong.
- Day 2 Hong Kong
- On arrival in Hong Kongwe will transfer you to your hotel in this dynamic city that was a British colony from the early 1800s right up to 1997.
After time to settle in, we'll gather at the hotel and get to know one another over awelcome drink. Tonight we eat at a restaurant overlooking Victoria Harbour. After our meal is served,we'll be entertained by the dazzling Symphony of Lights show. Thisspectacular display of colourful lights, laser beams and searchlights illuminates more than 40 skyscrapers and landmarks in synch with an uplifting soundtrack.
- Day 3 Hong Kong sightseeing
- Once one of the main fishing villages in Hong Kong, Stanley Market is now home to a thriving market and a range of lively eateries, most overlooking the water. It's a wonderful place to relax, mingle with the locals and enjoy time with your fellow travellers as part of today's included excursion, which also takes in two other highlights.
On the southern side of the island is Aberdeen Fishing Village, with its floating community. Here you can see a huge number of traditional fishing vessels, some still employed as such and many others used for sightseeing purposes. It's a great spot for photo opportunities, as the huge skyscrapers that line the harbour contrast spectacularly with the traditional sampan boats with their colourful sails.
We'll also visit Victoria Peak the highest point on Hong Kong Island and the best place to enjoy fabulous views of the city. We'll board the historic funicular railway to ascend to the viewing platform in this exclusive neighbourhood.
Hong Kong is so accessible and the hotel's location offers opportunity to visit the local sights. Many museums are also within easy reach along with the shops, so with the rest of the day at leisure, why not explore at your own pace.
- Day 4 Hong Kong
- Cheung Sha is one of Hong Kong's longest and most beautiful beaches and it's our first stop on today's optional excursion by ferry to Lantau Island. We'll also visit the Po Lin Monastery, which is home to the largest seated bronze Buddha in the world, at 26 metres high. After a vegetarian lunch here we'll enjoy a ride on the Ngong Ping cable car for stunning views (weather permitting).
This evening, we include dinner at one of the city's restaurants. Why not compare notes about your adventures with your fellow travellers as you dine, before meandering through Temple Street night market. Later, we'll step aboard a boat for a cruise around Victoria Harbour. Its a wonderful way to admire the shimmering skyline an experience that's even better with a complimentary drink in your hand!
- Day 5 Hong Kong to UK
- Today we'll transfer to the airport for our return flight to the UK.